You Already Protect Your Car, Your Business and Your Home. But how about the other crucial components of your financial plan?
These are not necessarily ‘fun’ questions to ask yourself, but let me ask you:
- Is your family protected in case the income earners die prematurely? Are you really sure you have the right amount of and the right kind of Life Insurance?
- Where would money come from, if you became disabled and could not work? Does your plan include adecuate coverages with Critical Illness, Long-Term Care and Disability Insurance?
- Do you have a good Health or Dental plan that provides coverages for expenses not covered by OHIP?
If you are a business owner or executive …
- Do you have the protection of a “Buy-Sell Agreement”? How about “Key Man” insurance (which, as you probably know, is different than the key person’s own life insurance policy)?
- Do you offer your employees a good Group Employee Benefit Plans? How about a Group Registered Retirement Savings Plans? Did you know you can set up one of these plans with as few as 3 people?
And last, but definetly not least:
Do you have the following Financial Planning solutions in place?
- Estate Preservation Plan / Strategies.
- Education Savings Plans for Children (RESPs).
- Registered Retirement Savings Plans (RRSPs).
- Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF)
The list of questions and things to keep mind when thinking about Life Insurance and Financial Planning could go on and on and on …
…. We haven’t even’t metioned Mortgages and Mortgage Insurance. ( By the way: should you arrange your own mortgage insurance or just go ahead and get whatever the bank offers you? )
Lots of stuff to keep in mind, huh?
The good news? It all becomes a lot easier with the help of a Life Insurance and Financial Planning Advisor who puts your interests and needs first.